Monday, March 2, 2015

How to Shake a Stick. Updates!

As much as I was tempted to not remind everyone that I have not yet sent your copies of How to Shake a Stick, I still feel it is best that I let you know where the project currently stands. True, when I launched the fundraising/pre-sales campaign I mentioned that "the book was basically done"—which was essentially true at the time. I had a road map in place for all of the steps needed to complete the project  yet I hadn't fully anticipated the amount of time it would take to complete each step. I will spare you all of the details, but here. Here's a short list of what I have spent long hours working on over the past couple of months: book design, cover design, writing copy/proof reading, hand lettering the captions, purchasing and registering the ISBN's, marketing, designing and ordering the postcards, getting postage and packaging for shipping (Stamps.com!), accounting, website management and coordinating printing resources/orders. Being self-UNemployed has become more of a challenge than I ever expected. Just know that the project is still moving along and I am still working (almost obsessively) to get this thing finished. I have attached a few pictures of the stuff I've been working on (rather than explaining in detail.) Luckily, I do have actual real-life experience getting magazines to print and delivered, so I do know what it takes to finish a project. Applying this experience towards a book has posed a bit of a learning curve. I have a schedule set for the next  two weeks to keep working every day to get this thing done. The book is available for purchase at Big Cartel. There is more info about the book at the website howtoshakeastick.com.

"The shortest distance between two points is often unbearable."
–Charles Bukowski

"No amount of hot air you add to the balloon will replace the need for a hatchet to cut the mooring lines."
–James McLeod

"There's nothing cool about a half-finished hot rod."
–Dru West









No comments: