Saturday, December 3, 2011

Fun, But Not In Love...


This is a photograph that I shot of a recent work of art I made titled Fun, But Not in Love. Media: disposable plastic hanger, disposable sunglasses, disposable men's bathing trunks (complete with liner) and sharpie marker.
Like “I really love the beach––today, but I'm just not sure if I'm ready to make a real investment yet.”

I think this piece kind of illustrates my attention towards blogging in general. Regardless, I’ve decided to start blogging more often. For several reasons. One: Although I have gotten really bored of facebook and deactivated my account, I apparently still have some kind of digital obsession, so I'm using this option of blogging to fill the void for now. Reason two being that I will be launching a new website soon and publishing a book so I want to raise some hype. I don't know if this is actually number three on the list of reasons, but I've noticed quite a few blogs that just take stuff from other places on the internet and then talk about them. I'm trying to cultivate a different approach with this blog by finding cool stuff in real life and then posting about it here. Though I've noticed an occasional lack of commitment to other facets of life, I'm kinda curious to see how long my interest in this new blogging habit lasts.


Below is the production still of the lighting arrangement. Two 95 watt incandescent bulbs and a white bounce card from below. Nikon D200, 60 mm, 1/80s @ f5.0, ISO 400.

1 comment:

James McLeod’s Voicemail said...

please share this link with friends, enemies, and martians. also... COMMENT!